International Mediacal Center
1. General Introduction
The International Hospital of Sichuan Province ( IHSP ) is one of the components of WCH and has ready access to all the advanced technology and expertise of the medical staff of WCH. Routine as well as specialized medical care are provided in IHSP. Out-patient clinic operates daily providing consultations for most health problems, annual check-ups and if necessary, direct admission to the In-patient department of IHSP. There are seventeen physicians in IHSP, eleven of them have associate or full professor appointments from WCH. Two of them have doctoral degrees. There are 51 registered nurses in IHSP.
Medical equipments such as PET Scan ( Positron Emission Tomatography ), MRI ( Magnetic Resonance Imaging ), Helix-CT ( Spiral 64 slides Computerized Tomatography) , ECT, DSA ( Digital Subtraction Angiography ), Rectilinear accelerator, Endoscopy, ECG, and ABP, all together are worth 0.5 billion RMB, are readily available to the patients of IHSP. The clinic laboratory has the most advanced equipment and has passed the accreditation of The College of American Pathologist (CAP). The CCU (Coronary Care Unit), ECU and SICU ( Surgical Intensive Care Unit ) can provide the most advanced level of life support for critically-ill patients.2. Medical service 1) Outpatient service-General PractitionerAll the General Practitioners in the outpatient department of IHSP are all well-trained and licensed to practice medicine. Physician specialists in endocrinology, nephrology, urology, orthopaedics, pulmonary and critical care medicine, hematology and otolaryngology from WCH are readily available by consultation to assist in the care of IHSP patients. The hospital provides emergency service 24 hours×365 days. The patients are treated timely and conveniently.2) Inpatient serviceThere are 56 beds in the in-patient department. The hospital admits more than 2,000 patients every year. Internal medicine, surgery, paediatrics, gynaecology, psychiatry, ophthalmology and otolaryngology are regularly involved in the care of these patients. Patient transfer and consultation between IHSP and other departments in WCH have been standardized and stream-lined. If surgery is deemed necessary, preparation for surgery and recovery after surgery took place at IHSP.24-hour hotline in Chinese and English has been setup to provide instant health information for members of IHSP and the general public. The Hospital is a partner of SOS, AEC and other insurance agencies and provides service such as patient transfer and filing for insurance claims.3. Patients & Visitors' Guide3.1. How to find a doctor: You can find a doctor by browsing our website, calling us or coming to our hospital.
(1) Make an appointment: You can find a general practitioner in our websites or just call us at +86-28-85422408 or +86-28-85586698. The nurse will make an appointment for you to see the doctor. When a consult from a specialist is needed, the nurse in the international department will make appointment for you.
(2) Emergency: In emergency condition, please call +86-28-854227761, this hotline is 24 hours×365days with Chinese and English speaking.
How to get the medical service from us is showed as follow:
3.2. Facility of the in-patient department: It is important to us that you feel at home during your visit. We have two beds room and suite room for patients. International call can be made by IP card. Dining service: For in-patients, food will be supplied based on your choice. English menu is used for your order. Waitress will present The in-patient service is conducted as follow: 3.3. Billing: We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the type of coverage provided by your health insurance and that you know whether you've met all necessary terms. If the insurance company has cooperation with our hospital, please fax a guarantee document to +86-28-85422788. No deposit will need for the patient with the guarantee from an insurance company. On the day of your arrival, you may be required to pay a deductible or co-payment and no deposit will be required with the guarantee. If you have no medical insurance or your insurance company has no cooperation with us, an admission deposit (￥10,000) may be required. The pre-admission coordinator will discuss the deposit with you. The patient can pay the bill by credit card or cash. Invoice and detail of the cost will be sent to you after discharged from the hospital.
4. Patients right and responsibility:
You have the right to receive considerate, respectful and compassionate care regardless of your age, gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disabilities.
- You have the right to receive care in a safe environment free from all forms of abuse, neglect or harassment.
- You have the right to be called by your proper name and to be told the names of the doctors, nurses and other health care team members involved in your care.
- You have the right to be told by your doctor about your diagnosis and possible prognosis, the benefits and risks of treatment, and expected outcome of treatment, including unanticipated outcomes.
- You have the right to access protective and advocacy services in cases of abuse or neglect.
- You have the right to receive detailed information about your hospital and physician charges.
- You have the right to voice your concerns about the care you receive. If you have a problem or complaint, you may talk with your doctor, nurse manager or a department manager.
- You are expected to provide complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, home telephone number, date of birth, passport information, when it is required.
- You are expected to provide complete and accurate information about your health and medical history, including present condition, past illnesses, hospital stays, medicines, vitamins, herbal products, and any other matters that pertain to your health, including perceived safety risks.
- You are expected to ask questions when you do not understand information or instructions. If you believe you can’t follow through with your treatment plan, you are responsible for telling your doctor.
- You are responsible for outcomes if you do not follow the care, treatment and services plan. Please leave valuables at home or hotel and only bring necessary items for your hospital stay.
- You are expected to treat all hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect; abide by all hospital rules and safety regulations; and be mindful of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors.
- You are expected to pay your bills in a timely manner.
- You are expected to keep appointments, be on time for appointments, or to call your health care provider if you cannot keep your appointments.